Rock Your Finances $50K Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Rock Your Finances $50K Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States excluding Florida (including District of Columbia) who are at least forty-five (45) years old at the time of entry. Employees of AARP, HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) and an instant win game (the “Instant Win Game”).
2. Sponsor: AARP, 601 E. Street NW, Washington, DC 20049. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on June 1, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on July 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit http://sweeps.aarp.org/retirement2014 and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including your AARP.org login information and a valid email address. If you do not have an account, you may create one. Creating an AARP account is free. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes and advance to the Instant Win Game page and receive one (1) Instant Win Game play for that day. Once on the Instant Win Game page, follow the links and instructions to play the Instant Win Game. The Instant Win Game results will be instantly displayed. Potential winners of the Instant Win Game will be provided directions for validation. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.
Limit: Each entrant may enter/play one (1) time per day during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Bonus Entries: There are six (6) ways to earn bonus Sweepstakes entries as outlined below:
Answer Trivia Questions: After you register or log-in, follow the links and instructions to visit the "Drop Debt Stage" and answer trivia questions. You will earn one (1) bonus entry for each trivia question that you answer (regardless if it is right or wrong). Limit: You can earn twenty (20) bonus entries per day during the Promotion Period for answering trivia questions.
Visit the "Front Row Finances Stage": After you register or log-in, follow the links and instructions to visit the "Front Row Finances Stage". You will earn one (1) bonus entry for each link that you click on from the "Front Row Finances Stage". Limit: You can earn seven (7) bonus entries per day during the Promotion Period for visiting the "Front Row Finances" links.
Visit the "Retirement Roadies Stage": After you register or log-in, follow the links and instructions to visit the "Retirement Roadies Stage". You will earn one (1) bonus entry for each link that you click on from the "Retirement Roadies Stage"." Limit: You can earn six (6) bonus entries per day during the Promotion Period for visiting the "Retirement Roadies" links.
Visit the "Backstage Job Pass Stage": After you register or log-in, follow the links and instructions to visit the "Backstage Job Pass Stage." You will earn one (1) bonus entry for each link that you click on from the "Backstage Job Pass Stage". Limit: You can earn five (5) bonus entries per day during the Promotion Period for visiting the "Back Job Pass" links.
Visit the "Maxing Out Social Security Stage": After you register or log-in, follow the links and instructions to visit the "Maxing Out Social Security Stage". You will earn one (1) bonus entry for each link that you click on from the "Maxing Out Social Security Stage." Limit: You can earn five (5) bonus entries per day during the Promotion Period for visiting the "Social Security Stage" links.
Tell A Friend Program: After you enter the Promotion, you will be invited to submit the names and email addresses of up to three (3) friends who must be eligible to enter the Promotion. Each person that you refer will receive an email notifying him or her about the Promotion. You may only refer persons with whom you have an existing relationship. For each referral of up to three (3) friends with valid email addresses, you will be given one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes up to a total of three (3) bonus entries per day during the Promotion Period.
5. Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner, from all eligible entries on or around August 1, 2014. Instant Win Game: Sixty one (61) random, computer-generated winning times, one (1) per day, will be generated during the Promotion Period. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly-generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated.
6. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME OR SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNER AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Sweepstakes winner will be notified by mail, email or phone. The potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release which must be received by Administrator, within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner of the Grand Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain unawarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
Sweepstakes Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A check for $50,000. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $50,000. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Instant Win Game Prizes: SIXTY ONE (61) DAILY INSTANT WIN FIRST PRIZES (one (1) per day): A $20 Visa® gift card. Terms and conditions of gift cards apply. ARV: $20. Odds of winning an Instant Win Game prize depend on the number of Instant Win prizes available divided by the number of eligible Instant Win Game plays. Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize per person.
For All Prizes: No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes Prize and one (1) Instant Win Prize per person. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $51,220.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries or plays received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or the Instant Win Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry or Instant Win Game play, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/1isOCYK . The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2014 HelloWorld, Inc. All Rights Reserved.